How To Disable Comments On WordPress Posts
In comment feature of WordPress CMS which makes one of the ideal platforms for blogging. Every post of your blog needs comment feature which can always choose to disable it.
Customization feature of WordPress is what you enjoy the most. In WordPress have option to:
- Disable comments on specific posts
- Disable comments on specific pages
- Disable comments on all the pages
Depends upon your requirement, you can now pick either of it.
A practical situation I experience these days is my blog which are getting lots of comments. Problem is only 1% comment are genuine on posts. Rests of comments are blunt self promotion or spams. Anti-spam comment plugins like Akismet and wordpress Zero spam are doing perfect job but it’s not enough. This disables comments on disabling comments on a few specific WordPress blog posts.
In this tutorial, you can able to learn exactly on how to do it
Here we go.
Removing comment box on specific WordPress posts or pages
You can deactivate comments on any published posts or even on posts that are about to publish. Follow up steps below.
- Login to your WordPress dashboard
- Go and edit section of pages or posts on which you must need to deactivate comments
- Search for discussion tab usually its next to post writing section but you can now use search feature for your browser to find out the text “Discussion”
- Uncheck the box which says allow comments. It must look like the screenshot below:
Just Click on Update post and that’s about it. The comment box must be gone from the post/page.
Disable comments on all of your WordPress website
Wish to disable comments on your WordPress website permanently or temporarily so that you do that as well. Next tip to remove away the comment feature from all your WordPress blogs.
- Go to Settings > Discussionsin the WordPress dashboard
- Under Default article settings, uncheck the option “Allow people to post comments on new articles“
When you are on to this page, there are one more settings you must know about. You must have an option to disable comments on pages or posts which are older than “X” days.
On the same page, “Settings > Discussions“, you must see the option that says “Automatically close comments on articles older than“.
Define the number of days and this feature to enable you to close comment on all WordPress pages and posts that are older than specified time.
Now, don’t forget to save these settings by scrolling down the page and click on Save changes.